Measure of a man (November 2, 2016)
I was surprised to see Scott Nassif back at the Apple Valley Town Council meeting so soon after his heart surgery. I do wish him a full recovery.
I found myself wondering if Mr. Nassif didn’t give himself enough time to fully recover from his major surgery because I don’t believe he fully understood Measure V.
I believe his analogy of Measure V, during the Council’s discussion of Measures V and W, wasn’t correct.
He stated that if Measure V passed, the town wouldn’t be able to receive funds that may be issued because of a major disaster such as earthquakes or floods.
As I understand Measure V, it is to ensure the public gets to vote on bonds or other forms of public debt over $10 million that the town would want to spend. I don’t see any connection with this Measure V to any disaster relief funds issued by the state or federal government to the town for any major disasters.
We do need the right to say, OK or no way. We need to vote Yes on V.
Lawrence McCarthy, Apple Valley
Source: Daily Press
Files related to Measure V
- 20150913 Commentary: Apple Valley water takeover plan: Know the full cost (Coupal)
- 20160621 Measure V
- 20160726 TOAV staff report on Measure V
- 20160831 Best supporters money can buy
- 20160831 Serious omission
- 20160831 Town paid more than $50K for ballot measure
- 20160904 Letter: Peter Allen supporting Measure V (Nassif)
- 20160906 Town business practices
- 20160908 Letter: Don’t waste your vote (Carloni)
- 20160911 Letter: Measure Waste (Carloni)
- 20160918 Our View: The right to vote on big projects
- 20160919 Support Measure V
- 20160923 Opinion: Measure V is for voting to ensure government is accountable (Mann)
- 20160924 Letter: Measure W (Piercy)
- 20160925 Opinion: Measure V respects Liberty Utilities customers’ rights (Sorensen)
- 20160929 Letter: Time to go (Varga)
- 20161002 Letter: Reject Measure W (Allan)
- 20161010 Letter: Truth about V and W (Bell)
- 20161011 Letter: The measure of a man (Varga)
- 20161018 Will Apple Valley become California’s Flint, MI?
- 20161020 Yes on Measure V (video)
- 20161023 Letter: Supports Measure V (Schappert)
- 20161025 Diving into the shallow waters of Measure W
- 20161102 Letter: Measure of a man (McCarthy)
- 20161102 No water in Measure W
- 20161103 More Measure W misdirection
- 20161103 No on W, Yes on V
- 20161105 Money flows like water
- 20161111 Letter: Diving into shallow ‘W’ater
- 20161111 Measure V garnered 2,319 more yes votes than Measure W
- 20161113 Tuesday’s election results
- 20161114 Measures V and W
- 20161115 Polls and votes
- 20161121 Voters show they want a say in water takeover issue (Hanson)