Letter to the CPUC re: Proposed decision of ALJ Tsen regarding Application 1401002 (October 25, 2015)
I am writing in support of the proposed decision of ALJ Tsen regarding Application 1401002.
Like many others, I’m not thrilled that I will be paying more for water service under this proposed decision, but I think the slight additional costs are more than balanced by the fact that Apple Valley Ranchos has done an excellent job maintaining its system, and all of us water users see the benefits of their stewardship. I can’t help but think of persons in areas such as Yermo, who until recently were having to put up with a failing system and a failing water company. Yet even there, despite the fact that Ranchos was stepping in to ensure their access to water, there were still those griping about paying a couple bucks more. Sometimes you have to wonder what these complainers use for brains.
I think a measure of the character of the people who run Ranchos is that they continue to plan for our future water needs, even though they are under relentless, meritless attack by the Town of Apple Valley. Ranchos has earned my support for no other reason than that.
Unlike representatives of the Town of Apple Valley and its
astroturf army, I appreciate the time and consideration that the CPUC puts into evaluating matters such as this, and thank you for looking out for us, the consumer.
— Greg Raven is Co-Chair of Apple Valley Citizens for Government Accountability, and is concerned about quality of life issues.
Files related to the CPUC application 1401002
- 20150624 TOAV comments: Application 1401002
- 20150702 AVRWC reply comments: Application 1401002
- 20150703 ORA reply comments: Application 1401002
- Letter to the CPUC re: Application 1401002
- 20151016 Proposed CPUC decision regarding application 1410002
- 20151016 Proposed CPUC decision regarding application 1410002 (attachments)
- Letter to the CPUC re: Proposed decision of ALJ Tsen regarding Application 1401002
- 20151123 Decision 1511030 approving final settlement agreement, resolving disputed issues, and adopting the 2015, 2016, and 2017 revenue requirements for Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company: Application 1401002