Small changes. Big savings. (October 4, 2015)
In July 2015, Californians reduced water use by 31.3%!
Did you know reducing your water usage not only conserves a natural resource, but may also save you money on your energy bill? In 2014, Governor Brown declared a statewide drought emergency and implemented mandatory water restrictions to reduce water usage in California by 25%. Below are a few water-saving tips to help you conserve.
- Run full loads when washing dishes or doing laundry
- Don’t let the water run when washing dishes by hand. Fill one basin with wash water and the other with rinse water
- Turn faucets off when brushing your teeth or shaving
- Repair leaky faucets quickly
- Take shorter showers
- Follow outdoor watering schedules
Learn more at www.saveourh2o.org. And remember, little changes can make a big difference.
Source: Southwest Gas Corporation